Yuneec Typhoon H3 - Co-engineered with LeicaYuneec
Typhoon H3 and the ION L1 Pro camera: New standards in aerial photography.
Yuneec Typhoon H3 - Co-engineered with Leica
Unlimited perspectives and new, creative possibilities
- With the Typhoon H3 and the ION L1 Pro camera developed in partnership with Leica, Yuneec and Leica Camera AG bring the best of their respective worlds together to bring Leica photography to the skies. The H3 has been specially developed for photographers and videographers who want to rediscover the world from above in a new look. Thanks to the use of high-quality materials and the implementation of a wide range of flight functions in combination with a 1” CMOS camera sensor, it offers you a sophisticated and perfectly coordinated overall system for you to realize your photographic ambitions. The safe and reliable hexacopter design featuring 6 rotors remains stable in the air – even when it’s windy outside. Furthermore, with the aid of the stabilized 3-axis gimbal, you can take perfectly stabilized and sharp 20 MP photos and up to 4K videos at 60 frames per second.
New standards in aerial photography
- User-defined image mode and focus settings, lossless digital zoom and superior image quality make the ION L1 Pro the camera of choice in its class for all aspects of aerial photography. A wide range of functions that come in the top-level quality for which Leica is known enable you to fully tap into the photographic potential of the ION L1 Pro. The Cruise Control feature keeps the speed of the drone constant, so that you can fully concentrate on your camera shot. With the integrated 3-axis gimbal and the drone’s retractable landing gear, the camera can rotate through 360° unrestrictedly and produce flowing panoramic shots. Thanks to the short JPEG intervals, hyperlapse videos can also be created without problems.
Outstanding image quality
- The components of the H3 and the L1 Pro are precisely matched to one another and make it possible to take highly detailed, brilliant pictures from the air with the legendary Leica look. Thanks to elaborate analyses and suitably effective stray light suppression, the camera delivers the best possible image results – especially in critical light situations. The technical versatility of the camera offers you a wide range of options for your photographic journey – from automatic exposure bracketing and semi-automatic through to wide dynamic range. Thanks to the imaging modes optimized and calibrated by Leica, the ION L1 Pro leaves nothing to be desired in terms of vibrancy, contrast or resolution. Specially developed to Leica specifications, the 10-bit Y-Log or DNG profiles also offer the best conditions for professional post-production thanks to state-of-the-art workflows (e.g. in ADOBE Lightroom or Photoshop).
Potent hexacopter system
- With its reliable, PX4-based flight Controller, the Typhoon H3 isn’t just particularly powerful – it’s also very efficient. The system has been optimized to consume less energy without sacrificing any of its performance levels. The result is a potent, reliable, quiet and extremely precise hexacopter system with additional safety reserves. A quick-release mechanism lets you fit the propellers quickly and easily, after which the H3 is ready for use right away. The rotor arms of the Typhoon H3 can also be folded away to facilitate transportation. The complete system and its accessories can be transported in a hand luggage-sized backpack or in a protective case (both of which are optionally available). The two HV batteries included in the standard kit are changeable and rechargeable; each provides a good 25 minutes of flight time per charge.
ST16S remote control
- The intuitive, easy-to-use Android-based remote control gives you full control over the copter and camera. With a 7” touchscreen display built in to the ST16S remote control that shows the live camera image in 720p (HD), your subject is immediately in the viewfinder. You can also view real-time telemetry data and arrange your camera settings. The live image of the camera can also be transferred to an external monitor as desired via an HDMI port on the remote control. The image transmission distance reaches up to 1.6 km. You and a second pilot can use the Team Mode function to control the copter and camera separately, allowing you to concentrate fully as the photographer or videographer on capturing your images. All you require for this is a second ST16S remote control (sold separately).
Intelligent flight modes
- Intelligent shooting modes allow you to capture impressive aerial images with preset camera flights. In the innovative Curve Cable Cam Mode you can fly the flight path (including camera orientation) in advance on a step-by-step basis. Then it can be permanently saved for quick and easy subsequent flights at any time. In Follow Me/Watch Me Mode, the drone follows the pilot and can align the camera to him/her if desired. The classic circular flight (Orbit) and out-and-return flight (Journey) options are of course still available. The Typhoon H3 is equipped with numerous safety features such as a redundant control signal, a Return Home function, numerous failsafe functions and an adjustable virtual fence that ensures that the drone does not fly beyond a specified radius. If a rotor is damaged or fails, the Typhoon H3 automatically activates 5-rotor mode, so enabling it to be safely flown and landed with just 5 rotors. Built-in ultrasonic sensors allow the drone to detect obstacles and stop in front of them. The battery system has been improved to include an additional safety mechanism that indicates whether the battery is properly engaged.
- The complete system is designed as a closed system. Due to the technical design, all communication takes place directly between the drone/camera and the ST16S remote control. Never is there a detour through a cloud solution. All of the data generated by the Typhoon H3 (photo, video and flight data) belongs exclusively to you at all times and can be saved, deleted or managed by the drone operator without any restrictions.
- The Typhoon H3 is equipped with numerous safety features such as a redundant control signal, a Return Home function, numerous failsafe functions and an adjustable virtual fence that ensures that the drone does not fly beyond a specified radius. If a rotor is damaged or fails, the Typhoon H3 automatically activates 5-rotor mode, so enabling it to be safely flown and landed with just 5 rotors. Built-in ultrasonic sensors allow the drone to detect obstacles and stop in front of them. The battery system has been improved to include an additional safety mechanism that indicates whether the battery is properly engaged.
Typhoon H3 - Drone data at a glance
- Sturdy hexacopter with 6 rotors & up to 25 minutes flight time
- Retractable landing gear
- PX4-based flight controller
- Cruise control for controlled shots
- Intelligent auto flight modes: Follow Me, Orbit, Journey, Curve Cable Cam
- Return Home and Auto Landing functions
- Obstacle detection
- 5-rotor mode activation in the event of rotor failure
- Redundant control signal & Geo Fence setting
- Additional safety mechanism to detect proper battery engagement
- Rechargeable and changeable battery
- Retractable arms for ease of transportation
- Team mode option for separate copter and camera control (additional ST16S required; sold separately)
ION L1 Pro - Camera data at a glance
- Developed in cooperation with Leica Camera AG (co-engineered with LEICA)
- 1” CMOS sensor, 20 MP, up to 4K @ 60 FPS, up to 100Mbit
- Integrated 3-axis gimbal with unrestricted 360° view
- Leica optimized and calibrated image modes (AWB, color reproduction, sharpening, de-noising, etc.)
- Leica calibrated DNG with corresponding ADOBE profile
- Lossless digital zoom
- 10-bit YLog video mode based on Leica specifications
- Semi-automatic ISO/shutter & 1/3 step setting of EV/ISO/shutter
- Wide Dynamic Range (WDR)
- Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB)
- Short JPEG intervals for hyperlapse videos
- User-defined picture mode & sharpness settings
- Professional histogram
- Panorama shots
Box Content: Typhoon H3 Hexacopter, ION L1 Pro camera co-engineered with Leica, ST16S remote control, 2 batteries, charger, neck strap for ST16S, optional patch antenna, SD card, USB and power cable